Teri “Zumba” Tiltons Ceviche TropicalThis Ceviche dish is an ideal fit meal that has a zesty tropical flair and packs a fat free nutritional wallop. Great for after a hot day at the beach or a hot workout.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
1 lb fresh Hog Snapper fillets
1 can of ginger ale
1 large sweet onion
1 large red pepper
A ton of limes!
Get a mixing bowl, a glass baking pan and your chopping block and here we go.
1. Cube fish into medium bite sizes
2. Dice your onion and red pepper, combine with cillantro in toss in your mixing bowl
3. Combine with the Hog Snapper and pour over the bottom of the baking dish
4. Add a pinch of sea salt and lemon pepper to taste
5. Cover the mixture in lime juice (that’s why you need a ton of limes!)
6. Pour small amount of ginger ale over the top
7. Let stand for 15 minutes so the acid in the lime “cooks” the fish.
The fillets should bleach out to a beautiful translucent white
I serve this dish w/ fried green plantains for that authentic latin flair.